If you have a waffle maker, you need to try these protein waffles. They’re full of protein and good carbs. Don’t have a waffle maker? Don’t worry, just fry the mixture like you’re making pancakes.
You can store leftover waffles in the freezer. When you want to re-heat them, just pop them in the toaster. Feel free to top this gluten-free variation with for example berries, fruit, unsweetened jam, nut butter, yogurt or quark.
Servings: 8 waffles Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 15 min Ready in: 20 min
- 4 dl oat flakes
- 1 1/2 dl protein powder (flavoured or unflavoured)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites
- 4 dl skimmed milk (or milk of choice…oat, coconut, almond milk)
- coconut oil (for the waffle iron)
- Grind oat flakes using a hand mixer or food processor into flour.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add milk and egg whites.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour approximately 1 dl of the mixture onto preheated and greased waffle iron.
- Spread evenly and close.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.