My parents-in-law are on their way to Brussels this evening to spend the weekend with us. Due to some cancelled flights, they arrived later than expected, which gave me time to prepare a savory quiche. I served the quiche with a lemon yogurt sauce and a salad made with spinach, rucola, persimmon, apple and cucumber.
You can store the quiche in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Baked quiche freezes very well, up to 2 months.
Servings: 4-6 Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 45 min Ready in: 65 min
- 6 eggs
- 1 dl skimmed milk (or oat, coconut, almond milk…)
- 2 chicken breasts
- coconut oil
- 1 dl broccoli, cooked
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp basil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 dl skimmed milk (or oat, coconut, almond milk…)
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 dl mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine eggs and milk and place into a pie dish.
- Pre-bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, fry chopped chicken breasts in coconut oil on medium heat until chicken is just done.
- Chop broccoli, onion and bell pepper.
- Combine eggs, milk and spices and stir until it is mixed well.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, olives and basil on top.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust and add mozzarella.
- Bake the quiche for 25 minutes or until the top of the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.