It might sound strange to bake brownies with beans, but give it a try! These brownies are fudgy, sweet, and still one of the best brownies I’ve had to date. Never mind they’ll give you nutrient-rich satisfaction thanks to the fiber, complex carbs, healthy fats and protein.
Bake these brownies and tell no one what’s inside. Until they’re three bites in and begging for the recipe… I prefer to bake and refrigerate the brownies overnight. This will make them even tastier!
Servings: 4 Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 20 min Ready in: 30 min
- 290 g black beans or kidney beans (drained weight)
- 10 fresh dates (or dried ones soaked in water for 60 minutes)
- 100 g sugar free dark chocolate, 70%
- 1 dl coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tbsp raw honey, coconut blossom sugar or other sweetener
- pinch of sea salt
- chopped nuts for topping (I used hazelnuts)
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Mix beans (drained and rinsed) and dates in a blender.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil. Whisk with eggs.
- Add cocoa, vanilla, baking powder, sweetener and a pinch of salt.
- Add beans and dates to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a square cake pan lined with baking parchment.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool the brownies completely before serving (refrigerate overnight if you’ve got the time).
- Serve with berries.