This is one of my favourite recipes for gluten and sugar free pancakes. They’re delicious despite being made out of all healthy ingredients and are perfect as a late night snack. I usually recommend clients who wants to lose weight to choose protein rich snacks in favour of carbs at night. The extra protein will help your body recover and repair muscle tissue while you sleep.
Servings: 2-3 small pancakes Ready in: 15 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- 30 g casein or whey protein, vanilla flavoured*
- pinch of vanilla powder
- coconut oil
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Add protein and vanilla powder. Mix together.
- Fry the pancakes in coconut oil and flip when the edges start browning.
- Serve with berries.
* Add more vanilla powder if you’re using an unflavoured protein powder.