This is my favourite low carb cake. Usually I make a low carb crust, but this time I tried without and the cake doesn’t really need one! It’s not the most beautiful cake, but it does the trick if you’re in the mood for a treat.
Servings: 4 Ready in: 40 min
- 3 egg whites
- 150 g cottage cheese (1.5%)
- 150 g quark (0.2%)
- 100 g cream cheese (3%)
- 30 g whey protein, vanilla flavoured*
- pinch of vanilla powder
- raspberries or other berries
- optional: chopped almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 175 °C.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Put parchment paper in a springform pan (12 cm or make a double batch in a bigger pan, 24 cm).
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with berries.
- The cake can be stored in the freezer up to 3 weeks.
* Add more vanilla powder if you’re using an unflavoured protein powder.