This recipe is very forgiving, so you can add or remove ingredients according to your taste. You could add your favourite cheese like feta, goat cheese, mozzarella, swiss or add some chopped onions, bell peppers, broccoli or artichokes.
This quiche makes great leftovers! Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Baked quiche freezes very well, up to 2 months.
Servings: 4-6 Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 45 min Ready in: 50 min
- 3 dl almond flour *
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 3/4 dl sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 dl melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 8-10 mushrooms
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 dl oat milk (or coconut or almond milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Prepare the crust and place into a pie dish. Prick bottom and sides with a fork.
- Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is pre-baking, whisk together the milk, eggs and spices until combined. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes on top. Pour the egg mixture into the crust, filling nearly to the top.
- Bake the quiche for 35 minutes or until the top of the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
* You can replace almond flour with 6 tbsp coconut flour, 1 1/2 dl pofiber and 3 tbsp psyllium husk.