The fiancé was in the mood for burgers so I decided to try these sweet potato and quinoa patties. They work perfectly just as they are, but you can also use them as veggie burgers. What I love about them is that they’re simply delicious, protein packed and antioxidant rich! If you want to save some for later I suggest you wrap each patty individually and store in the freezer.
Servings: 6 Ready in: 60 min
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium size
- 2 1/2 dl cooked quinoa
- 1/2 dl fresh parsley, thyme or cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 dl sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 dl rolled oats
- 1/2 tsk bell pepper powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into about 1 cm thin rounds. Add these to a baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until thoroughly cooked and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, combine parsley (or other herbs), garlic and sunflower seeds and pulse until smooth.
- Combine ground flaxseed with 1/2 dl water and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Put cooked quinoa, baked sweet potatoes and rolled oats in the food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Add the parsley mix, flaxseed and spices. Pulse several times until smooth.
- Lower the oven heat to 175 degrees.
- Form the mixture into 6 balls and flatten into patties.
- Place patties onto parchment paper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then flip the patties and cook for another 15-20 minutes until thoroughly firm.
- Let patties cool before serving.
Serve with your favourite side dishes. I chose fresh greens, avocado and slices of red onion.