Good morning friends! I woke up early and couldn’t get back to sleep. Well, at least I’ve already crossed a few things off my to-do list. Can’t believe that we’re leaving tomorrow already! We’ll spend the evening at my friend’s place in Uppsala and continue to Åland on Saturday.
Since we’ll be away for over two weeks there’s a lot to plan, pack and organize. I need to bring warm winter clothes, party dresses and of course some workout clothes. I’m planning to stay active during the holidays and will definitely check out the local gym!
Yesterday evening was cosy. Love spending time with my friends here in Brussels! The mulled cider got their approval so here’s the recipe:
Servings: 8 Ready in: 15 min
- 2 liter unsweetened apple juice
- 2 oranges (juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- optional: orange peel, raisins, almonds
- Combine the apple juice, orange juice and spices in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour into mugs and add for example orange peel, raisins or almonds to each and serve.
- Optional: If you want to add some extra heat you can add a small amount of dark rum after you’ve removed the saucepan from the heat.