Today is National Cinnamon Roll Day in Sweden. There seems to be a day for everything nowadays, but if you’re thinking of baking cinnamon rolls I recommend you to try these. They’re delicious, super easy to make and a guilt free treat!
Servings: 10 regular sized or 20 mini rolls Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 15 min Ready in: 30 min
- 1/2 dl unsweetened almond milk
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp stevia
- 1/2 dl coconut flour
- 1/2 dl almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 12 fresh dates
- 2 tbsp almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix melted coconut oil, almond milk, spices and stevia in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites and combine with almond milk mix.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into the mix and whisk together.
- Leave the dough for 4 minutes and prepare the filling.
- Mix together pitted dates, melted coconut oil and spices.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Spread the filling all over the dough.
- Roll up the dough starting from the long side of the parchment paper.
- Pinch the edge to seal.
- Cut into 10 or 20 rolls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bake for 12-15 minutes.