A couple of days ago I decided to make beetroot patties and had big plans of putting them on the grill. Well, the weather gods weren’t with me so I ended up using the oven. These patties work perfectly just as they are, or as beet burgers.
Servings: 4 Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 20-25 min Ready in: 35 min
- 2 large beetroots
- 2 dl rolled oats
- 1/2 onion
- 100 gram feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl fresh basil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Peel and grate beetroots, onion and garlic on a box grater or use a food processor.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and add rolled oats, olive oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Add feta cheese, basil and spices. Stir to combine.
- Set aside for 30 minutes so the rolled oats can soak up the liquid.
- Try shaping a patty with your hands. Add more rolled oats if the mixture is too loose.
- Form 4 patties and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- You can also grill the patties a couple of minutes per side.