Cauliflower is absolutely fantastic when lightly roasted, especially with fresh herbs and spices. When it comes to herbs I prefer thyme, but you could also try sage, rosemary, parsley, tarragon and chives. This is such a great side dish for grilled fish or meat.
Servings: 4 Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 20-25 min Ready in: 30 min
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 red chili pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 dl olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Wash, trim and cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Place in a roasting pan and spread into an even layer.
- Chop the chili peppar and mix with olive oil, salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Brush the oil over the florets using a pastry brush.
- Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, turn the cauliflower, and continue to roast until tender, about 10-15 minutes more.
- Garnish with chopped thyme and serve while still warm.