Yesterday we celebrated a friend’s birthday with a Chocolate Strawberry Cake. This cake is gluten, dairy and sugar free. And it’s yummy with a moist and gooey middle! Just remember to watch the oven closely as the cake bakes fast.
Servings: 6 Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 5 min Ready in: 20 min
- 10 fresh dates (without seeds)
- 2 dl almond flour
- 1 dl coconut flakes
- 4 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- strawberries or other berries
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees.
- Pulse the dates, almond flour and coconut flakes in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Add the other dry ingredients and pulse until blended.
- Melt the coconut oil gently in a small pan over low heat and add it to the mixture.
- Add eggs and pulse until mixture sticks together.
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan greased with coconut oil and coconut flakes.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until the top has set.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving.
- Enjoy it alone or with your choice of berries or homemade sorbet/ice cream.