I celebrated my birthday last weekend and had prepared some guilt free treats to go with the more traditional cakes. The combination of the coconut oil and almond flour makes these cookies very rich, which is quite good if you’re a cookie monster like me.
You can easily prepare the cookies in advance, but they’re best right out off the cooling rack. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days, but let’s be honest, they’ll never last that long.
Servings: 20 Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 15 min Ready in: 25 min
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 dates
- 4 dried prunes
- 1/2 dl melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 dl gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 dl almond flour
- 1 dl coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70 gram high quality dark chocolate, preferably raw chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees.
- Mix the banana, dates, prunes, coconut oil and vanilla in a blender until it’s smooth.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Pour blender mixture into dry ingredients and stir.
- Place the mixture in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet creating 20 cookie shapes.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on a rack before serving.